The Language of Finance
não entender alguma das palavras usadas, sugerimos uma consulta ao
dicionário, uma vez que de modo geral, quem se interessa por este
tipo de assunto já tem um bom domínio do inglês, certo? ·When
things go up you can talk about
an advance , a climb , a hike, an increase or a rise ·
, you can say that stock prices have
advanced , climbed , increased , risen or gaine ground ·
·When things go up you can talk about an advance , a climb , a hike, an increase or a rise
· Similarly , you can say that stock prices have advanced , climbed , increased , risen or gaine ground
· If they are going up slightly after a rough period you could say that prices are picking up , turning up , edging up ,edging higher , edging ahead , firming , recovering or strengthening
· If they go up quickly and substantially , you might say they have jumped , roared ahead , roared up , shot ahead , shot up , soared , or surged .
· If they can't go any further they are peaking . So if you describe the top price of your company shares last year , you might say that share prices peaked at 75 dollars a unit , 20 dollars up from their top market price the previous year.
· When prices or wages go down , you can describe this movement as a decline , drop , fall , retreat or slide
· Again you could say for example , that interest rates are declining , dropping , falling , retreating , sliding , slipping or rather more colorfully , heading south or losing ground
the fall is only slight you
might talk about a
, turndown , or slowdown .
the fall is dramatic you can say that prices have
dived ,nose-dived , plummeted , plunged or tumbled.
The company assets are intangible (good will) , current (cash) , fixed (land or furniture ).
Assets which lose their value as time passes can be depreciated or amortized by a certain sum every year . The company's assets are offset by its liabilities - all the expenses it has incurred over the financial year . The difference between the two is your taxable profit .
If you're not happy with the final result , the bottom line - that is , if you think your taxable profit is too high - you may ask your accountant , or tax consultant to massage the profits a little and do some creative accounting - or even to cook the books !
in the link below you'll find a currency converter
for more than 160 currencies.
Dica : no link abaixo você encontrará um conversor de valores para mais de 160 moedas.