Our Message                                                              Nossa Mensagem

Hello, it’s nice to have you with us today!
I've done this site all by myself in my living room with very small technical knowledge.That's why you won't find here hundreds of magical menus.The focus here is the information.Clear, simple and understandable.

We know many purists will say we shouldn’t write in Portuguese in an English site, but in our daily classes we have realized that many students need and sometimes demand, an understandable explanation on how to use grammar and structures. If you try to explain in English you’ll find a few problems:

1 - If we make things even more difficult we will start losing students and that’s the opposite of our goal as teachers or schools. When you ask a student: “Why do you study English?” – most of them will answer something like: “because I need for my work” – or – “because the world speaks English” – or, as many teens say- “because my father wants”.

2 - About 10% will say: “because I like it” – what leaves us 90% of students who study by necessity, and most of these are adults who doesn’t have time to lose with silly guessing games about the use of  language. Games are good to relax and relief the mind, but they are only good  if they can teach something, of course.

Anyway, we’ve been teaching in companies for many years and the main demands of business men are like:
“I need practical information” – “ I don’t have time to study at home and I need to use English correctly” – I can’t make stupid mistakes when talking or writing to foreign costumers or whoever be” – “A wrong sentence may cost a lot of headaches in business” (managers can tell you about it).
For  these reasons we decided to make this site. If you find here something useful for your students let them read it. All the materials are free to use, but remember to cite the sources.
We are thinking about Brazilian beginner and intermediate students.
So, if you purists don’t like, we’re sorry.
It wasn’t made for you (no offense, please)

 

Alô, é muito bom ter você conosco hoje!
Eu fiz este site sozinho, na sala de casa com pouquíssimo conhecimento técnico.Por isso você não encontrará aqui centenas de menus mágicos.
O foco aqui é a informação. Clara, simples e compreensível.

Sabemos que muitos puristas dirão que não deveríamos escrever em Português em um site de Inglês, mas em nossas aulas diárias percebemos que muitos estudantes precisam, e às vezes exigem, uma explicação compreensível sobre o uso da gramática e estruturas inglesas.Se tentarmos explicar em Inglês encontraremos alguns problemas:

1 - Ao tornarmos as coisas ainda mais difíceis começaremos a perder alunos,o que é o oposto de nossa meta como professores,ou escolas.Quando se pergunta a um estudante:”Por que você estuda Inglês?” – a maioria responderá algo como: “Porque preciso no meu trabalho” – ou – “porque  o mundo fala Inglês” –ou como dizem muitos adolescentes: “porque meu pai quer”.

2 - Cerca de 10% dirá: “porque eu gosto” – isso deixa 90% de estudantes que estudam por necessidade, e a maioria destes são adultos que não tem tempo a perder com tolos jogos de adivinhação sobre o uso do idioma. Jogos são bons para um “relax” mental,mas só são bons se ensinarem alguma coisa.

Temos ensinado em empresas por muitos anos e as principais exigências são:
"Preciso informação prática" - "Não tenho tempo para estudar em casa e preciso usar o Inglês corretamente" - "Não posso cometer erros estúpidos ao falar ou escrever para correspondentes estrangeiros" - "Uma frase errada pode custar muita dor de cabeça em negócios (os gerentes que o digam!)"
Por todas estas razões decidimos fazer este site. Se você achar aqui algo que possa ser útil a seus estudantes, deixe-os ler .Todos os materiais são de uso livre ,mas lembre-se de citar as fontes.
Estamos pensando nos estudantes brasileiros, iniciantes e intermediários. Todos os materiais são de uso livre, mas lembre-se de citar as fontes.

Portanto, se vocês puristas não gostarem,desculpem.
Não foi feito para vocês(
sem ofensa por favor)

 

  Livros recomendados